Toasted Pecan Waffles
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 5 tablespoons vegetable shortening, melted
- cooking spray
- Toppings: maple syrup, powdered sugar, blueberries, sweetened whipped cream
- 1. Place pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Combine pecans, flour, and next 3 ingredients. Whisk together egg yolks, milk, and shortening until blended; add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 4. Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold into batter.
- 5. Cook batter, in batches, in a preheated, lightly greased waffle iron until golden. Serve immediately with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note