Toasted Pecan Pesto
To preserve the vibrant green color, pour a thin layer of olive oil directly over the top of the pesto before covering and storing it in the refrigerator.
This recipe goes with Buttermilk-and-Honey Chicken Kabobs
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- 2 1/2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Process all ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Cover and chill 1 to 8 hours before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note