I've been making this salad for years. It's delicious!
Toasted Pecan-and-Broccoli Salad
Serve this yummy salad alongside beef or chicken for a sweet and tangy side.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 8 Minutes
Chill: 2 Hours
- Calories: 175
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Protein: 3.8g
- Carbohydrate: 16.5g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 266mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh broccoli florets, chopped*
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries or raisins
- 4 cooked reduced-fat bacon slices, crumbled
- 1. Place chopped pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Stir together mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar in a large bowl; add broccoli, onion, and cranberries, gently tossing to coat. Cover and chill 2 hours. Sprinkle with bacon and pecans just before serving.
- *2 (12-oz.) packages fresh broccoli slaw may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note