Toasted Herb Rice
More From Southern Living
Bake: 55 Minutes
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (10-ounce) can condensed chicken broth, heated
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Place rice in an ovenproof Dutch oven; cover with lid.
- Bake at 325° for 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is golden brown. Add butter, and stir until melted. Carefully stir in broth and 3/4 cup boiling water; cover. Bake 30 more minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir in onions, basil, and pine nuts; serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note