Toasted Herb Rice
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (10-ounce) can chicken broth, heated
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup pinenuts, toasted
- Place rice in a Dutch oven; cover. Bake at 325° for 20 minutes or until rice is golden brown.
- Add butter and stir until melted. Stir in broth and boiling water; cover. Bake 30 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir in onions, basil and pinenuts; serve immediately.
- Mildred Bickley
- 508 Pearl Street
- Bristol, VA 24201
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note