- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 3/4 cups uncooked converted long-grain rice (we tested with Uncle Ben's)
- 2 (14-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Garnish: fresh basil sprig
How to Make It
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add rice, and sauté 4 minutes or until golden brown. Combine sautéed rice, broth, and next 3 ingredients in a 4-quart slow cooker.
Cover and cook on HIGH 2 hours or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in pine nuts. Garnish, if desired.
Fresh is Best: If you have fresh basil on hand, use 1 tablespoon fresh instead of 1 teaspoon dried basil.