Toasted Ham and Cheese Bagel Sandwiches
Thin bagels are perfect for smaller appetites and are easier to eat as part of a sandwich. Make a complete lunch or breakfast meal by pairing this sandwich with baby carrots or orange sections and a cup of low-fat milk to meet over half of most kids' daily calcium needs.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 208
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 15.3g
- Carbohydrate: 23.3g
- Fiber: 6.3g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 589mg
- Calcium: 220mg
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) tub-style light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 whole-wheat thin bagels, lightly toasted
- 4 ounces low-fat deli ham
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl.
- 3. Spread about 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture over cut sides of each bagel. Layer 1 ounce ham and 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese over cream cheese on bagel bottoms. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven, and top with lettuce leaves; cover with bagel tops. Serve immediately.
- Young Chefs can:
- Pull four lettuce leaves off head of lettuce
- Layer ham, and sprinkle cheese
- Older Chefs can:
- Spread cream cheese mixture on bagels
- Top sandwich with lettuce and bagel top
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note