Toasted Garlic Fettuccine with Zucchini
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 324
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 13.5g
- Carbohydrate: 50.2g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 676mg
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Calcium: 84mg
- 1 (1-ounce) slice whole-grain bread
- 1 (8-ounce) package uncooked fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 small zucchini, cut into thin strips (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place bread in a food processor; pulse 5 times or until crumbly. Sprinkle crumbs on a baking sheet; bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While pasta is cooking, heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in breadcrumbs; cook 3 minutes. Remove from pan, and stir in walnuts, parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; set aside.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan and place over medium heat. Stir in zucchini; sauté 4 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper; keep warm.
- Combine pasta, remaining 1 teaspoon oil, zucchini, and breadcrumb mixture; toss gently. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This