- 1 (1-ounce) slice whole-grain bread
- 1 (8-ounce) package uncooked fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 small zucchini, cut into thin strips (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- calories 324
- fat 8.9 g
- satfat 1.5 g
- protein 13.5 g
- carbohydrate 50.2 g
- cholesterol 2 mg
- iron 3.2 mg
- sodium 676 mg
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fiber 3.7 g
- calcium 84 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place bread in a food processor; pulse 5 times or until crumbly. Sprinkle crumbs on a baking sheet; bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until golden.
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
While pasta is cooking, heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in breadcrumbs; cook 3 minutes. Remove from pan, and stir in walnuts, parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; set aside.
Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan and place over medium heat. Stir in zucchini; sauté 4 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper; keep warm.
Combine pasta, remaining 1 teaspoon oil, zucchini, and breadcrumb mixture; toss gently. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.