Toasted Cumin Chicken Salad Pitas
Toasted cumin adds a nutty flavor to this traditional favorite. You can also serve it without the pita on a bed of lettuce with fresh tomato slices.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 248
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 24.8g
- Carbohydrate: 22.5g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 423mg
- Calcium: 71mg
- 2 3/4 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 3 (6-inch) pitas, cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine sour cream and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl.
- 2. Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cumin seeds; cook 1 minute or until seeds become fragrant and pop, stirring constantly. Stir toasted cumin seeds into sour cream mixture. Add dressing to chicken mixture, tossing well to coat.
- 3. Line each pita half evenly with lettuce and tomato; fill each with 1/2 cup chicken salad.
- Note: If made ahead, cover and chill chicken salad until ready to serve. Assemble pitas just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note