- 2 3/4 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 3 (6-inch) pitas, cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- calories 248
- caloriesfromfat 23 %
- fat 6.3 g
- satfat 2.5 g
- protein 24.8 g
- carbohydrate 22.5 g
- fiber 1.6 g
- cholesterol 62 mg
- iron 2.8 mg
- sodium 423 mg
- calcium 71 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine sour cream and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl.
Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cumin seeds; cook 1 minute or until seeds become fragrant and pop, stirring constantly. Stir toasted cumin seeds into sour cream mixture. Add dressing to chicken mixture, tossing well to coat.
Line each pita half evenly with lettuce and tomato; fill each with 1/2 cup chicken salad.
Note: If made ahead, cover and chill chicken salad until ready to serve. Assemble pitas just before serving.