- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup frozen egg substitute, thawed
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine, melted
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Com-bine buttermilk and egg substitute; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter into a 9-inch square pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cornbread cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cut cornbread into 8 rectangles. Place rectangles on a baking sheet; brush with one-half of melted margarine. Broil 3 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn cornbread; brush with remaining melted margarine. Broil 3 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 1 to 2 additional minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads