- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup uncooked regular oats
How to Make It
Beat softened butter and shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy; gradually add sugar, beating until blended. Add egg and coconut extract, beating well.
Combine flour, baking powder, soda, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in coconut, cereal, and oats.
Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
Bake at 325° for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden. Let cool slightly on baking sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.