Toasted Coconut-Chocolate Chunk Pecan Pie
A long, slow bake time yields deep-dish chocolate paradise.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
More From Oxmoor House
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chunks or morsels
- Unroll 1 piecrust, and place on a lightly floured surface; lightly brush top of crust with water. Unroll remaining crust, and place over bottom crust; gently roll into a 10" circle. Fit into a 9" deep-dish pieplate; fold edges under, and crimp.
- Stir together butter and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Stir in pecans and remaining ingredients. Pour filling into piecrust.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until set, shielding crust after 45 minutes with aluminum foil, if necessary. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This