Toasted Coconut Banana Muffins
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1 muffin)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 188
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Carbohydrate: 34.5g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 237mg
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Calcium: 65mg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk (1%)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, oats, and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Combine banana and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl, and stir well with a whisk. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with coconut.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove muffins from pan immediately; cool on a wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads