- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk (1%)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- calories 188
- fat 4.5 g
- satfat 1.6 g
- protein 3.4 g
- carbohydrate 34.5 g
- cholesterol 18 mg
- iron 1.6 mg
- sodium 237 mg
- caloriesfromfat 21 %
- fiber 1.8 g
- calcium 65 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, oats, and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk.
Combine banana and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl, and stir well with a whisk. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with coconut.
Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove muffins from pan immediately; cool on a wire rack.