This is a quick and easy lunch or dinner recipe. Enjoyed with chips and watermelon. The recipes calls for 3 slices of bread and double layer of meat, cheese , and veggies per sandwich. I thought it was too much and changed the recipe. My bread was thick so I only used two pieces and had one layer of veggies, cheese and meat. Flavor was basic.
Toasted Club Sandwiches
More From Southern Living
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 12 sourdough bread slices, toasted
- 8 (1-oz.) slices deli ham
- 8 (1-oz.) slices deli turkey breast
- 16 fully cooked bacon slices
- 8 (3/4-oz.) Swiss cheese slices
- 16 plum tomato slices
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves, halved
- 1. Stir together mayonnaise and yellow mustard in a small bowl. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly onto 1 side of toasted bread slices. Layer 4 bread slices, mayonnaise sides up, with 1 slice ham, 1 slice turkey, 2 bacon slices, 1 Swiss cheese slice, 2 tomato slices, and 1/2 lettuce leaf. Top each with 1 bread slice, mayonnaise side down; layer with remaining ham, turkey, bacon, cheese, and lettuce. Top with remaining 4 bread slices, mayonnaise sides down. Cut each sandwich into quarters, and, if desired, secure with wooden picks.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pepperidge Farm Sourdough Bread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches