Toasted Bread Bowls
Make the easiest homemade croutons with the soft centers from these bowls. Preheat oven to 400°. Cut the reserved centers into 1-inch cubes; coat lightly with olive oil cooking spray. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; add 1 tsp. desired dried herbs or seasonings. Seal bag, and shake to coat. Spread bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet, and coat again with cooking spray. Bake at 400°, stirring occasionally, 7 to 9 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container for three days.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 10 Minutes
- 6 (5- to 6-inch) artisan bread rounds*
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cut 1/2 to 1 1/2 inches from top of each bread round; scoop out center, leaving a 1/2-inch-thick shell. Reserve soft centers for another use. Lightly coat bread shells and, if desired, cut sides of tops, with cooking spray. Place, cut sides up, on baking sheets. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted.
- *6 (4-inch) hoagie rolls may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note