I make this on a weekly basis; it's great! I never get tired of it and either does my fiance.
Toasted Barley and Berry Granola
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 181
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Carbohydrate: 27.4g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 59mg
- Calcium: 13mg
- 1/4 cup unsalted pumpkinseed kernels
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seed kernels
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 cups rolled barley flakes
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/3 cup dried blueberries
- 1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°.
- 2. Place pumpkinseed kernels and sunflower seed kernels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 325° for 5 minutes. Cool seeds in pan on a wire rack.
- 3. Combine syrup and next 6 ingredients (through cardamom) in a medium bowl. Stir in toasted kernels, barley, and wheat germ.
- 4. Spread barley mixture in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 325° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring every 10 minutes.
- 5. Remove from oven; cool granola in pan on a wire rack. Stir in dried blueberries and dried cranberries. Store in an airtight container.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note