Quick, Easy, Delicious! I used fresh garlic instead of the shallot and it turned out perfect. Great cold the next day too. Definitely will make again.
Toasted Almond and Pecorino Snap Peas
Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 113
- Fat: 6.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Sodium: 221mg
- 8 cups water
- 12 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons shaved pecorino Romano cheese
- 1. Bring 8 cups water to a boil in a large Dutch oven. Add peas; cook 30 seconds or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge into ice water; drain. Slice half of peas diagonally.
- 2. Combine lemon rind and next 7 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Add peas; toss to coat.
- 3. Toast almonds in a small skillet; cook over medium heat 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add almonds to pea mixture; toss gently. Top with shaved pecorino Romano cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables