Quick, Easy, Delicious! I used fresh garlic instead of the shallot and it turned out perfect. Great cold the next day too. Definitely will make again.
Toasted Almond and Pecorino Snap Peas
Toasted almonds and shaved pecorino Romano cheese heighten the flavor of these sugar snap peas. Serve this quick side of Toasted Almond and Pecorino Snap Peas to complement your favorite entree.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 113
- Fat: 6.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Sodium: 221mg
- 8 cups water
- 12 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons shaved pecorino Romano cheese
- 1. Bring 8 cups water to a boil in a large Dutch oven. Add peas; cook 30 seconds or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge into ice water; drain. Slice half of peas diagonally.
- 2. Combine lemon rind and next 7 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Add peas; toss to coat.
- 3. Toast almonds in a small skillet; cook over medium heat 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add almonds to pea mixture; toss gently. Top with shaved pecorino Romano cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note