- 8 cups water
- 12 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons shaved pecorino Romano cheese
- calories 113
- fat 6.8 g
- satfat 1.4 g
- sodium 221 mg
How to Make It
Bring 8 cups water to a boil in a large Dutch oven. Add peas; cook 30 seconds or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge into ice water; drain. Slice half of peas diagonally.
Combine lemon rind and next 7 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Add peas; toss to coat.
Toast almonds in a small skillet; cook over medium heat 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add almonds to pea mixture; toss gently. Top with shaved pecorino Romano cheese.