More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 9.9
- Calories from fat: 9.1%
- Protein: 0.3g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 3.3g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 8.3mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 stalks fresh lemon grass (about 12 in.), rinsed
- 2 lemon thyme or regular thyme sprigs (3 to 4 in.), rinsed
- 24 spearmint, peppermint, or mint sprigs (6 to 8 in.; use 1 kind or a combination), rinsed
- 4 slices (size of a quarter) fresh ginger, crushed
- 5 thin lemon or lime slices
- 1 bag (about 1 1/2 teaspoons) peppermint tea
- 1. In 2- to 3-quart pan over high heat, bring 4 cups water to a boil.
- 2. Meanwhile, trim off and discard tough ends of lemon grass and pull off coarse outer leaves. Thinly slice stalks.
- 3. Add lemon grass, thyme, mint, ginger, lemon slices, and tea to boiling water. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand (steep) 5 to 10 minutes.
- 4. Pour tisane liquid through a fine strainer into a teapot or pitcher. Serve hot, or cool with ice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note