Hello. Are you supposed to put water in the slow cooker before placing the casserole dish inside? Like the way you would use a water bath around the pan of a cheesecake in the oven?
Tiramisu Bread Pudding
Drizzled with a rich mascarpone sauce, this moist, coffee and Kahlúa-flavored bread pudding features the flavors of tiramisu, a favorite Italian dessert.
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup pudding, about 1 tablespoon sauce, and about 1/4 teaspoon cocoa)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 199
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 6.7g
- Carbohydrate: 23.5g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 191mg
- Calcium: 95mg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant espresso granules
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua (coffee-flavored liqueur)
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 cups (1-inch) cubed French bread (about 8 ounces)
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; boil 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in liqueur.
- 2. Combine 1 3/4 cups milk and eggs in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add espresso mixture, stirring with whisk. Add bread, stirring to coat. Pour bread mixture into a 2 1/2-quart round casserole coated with cooking spray. Place dish in an oval 7-quart electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 2 hours or until set.
- 3. Combine remaining 1/4 cup milk, mascarpone cheese, and vanilla in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Spoon bread pudding into dessert dishes; top each with mascarpone sauce, and sprinkle with cocoa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note