tiramisu bread pudding
Done with gluten free bread (although it shouldn't matter) - it was fantastic! A BHG recipe. we also did in a cassarole dish as opposed to ramekins, it bakes for about an hour.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/3 cup(s) Milk
- 1 1/4 cup(s) whipping cream
- 2 tablespoon(s) instant coffee crystals
- 6 eggs lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) brown sugar packed
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 8 cup(s) torn white bread slices about 12 slices
- 1/3 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) whipping cream for cream topping
- 1 ounce(s) cream cheese for cream topping
- 1 tablespoon(s) powdered sugar for cream topping
- For the Bread Pudding:
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In large bowl stir together milk, whipping cream, and coffee crystals until coffee is dissolved. Reserve 1 tablespoon milk mixture; set aside.
- 2. Stir eggs, the sugars, and vanilla into milk mixture. Stir in bread pieces until moistened. Evenly divide among eight ungreased 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups, filling each almost full. Place on a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- 3. Bake 30 minutes or until puffed, set, and a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Transfer to wire rack (puddings will fall slightly as they cool).
- 4. In small bowl combine powdered sugar and reserved 1 tablespoon milk mixture; stir until smooth. Drizzle over bread pudding. Dollop with Cream Cheese Topper.
- For the Cream Cheese Topper
- In medium mixing bowl beat whipping cream, cream cheese, and powdered sugar on medium until soft peaks form. Makes about 1-1/2 cups.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KCoursA and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
tiramisu bread pudding Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts