It looks awesome
Tiramisu Angel Torte
HOWARD L. PUCKETT
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 290
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 15.9g
- Carbohydrate: 47.2g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 223mg
- Calcium: 225mg
- 3 (8-ounce) cartons plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso or 1/4 cup instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons Kahlúa (coffee-flavored liqueur)
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (4-ounce) carton mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, grated
- 1 (10-inch) round angel food cake
- Place a colander in a 2-quart glass measure or medium bowl. Line colander with 4 layers of cheesecloth, allowing cheesecloth to extend over outside edges. Spoon yogurt into colander. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; refrigerate 12 hours. Spoon yogurt cheese into a bowl; discard liquid. Cover and refrigerate.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, water, and espresso granules in a small saucepan, and bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and stir in Kahlúa. Cool completely.
- Combine yogurt cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, milk, vanilla, and mascarpone cheese; beat at medium speed of a mixer until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine cocoa and chocolate in a bowl.
- Cut angel food cake into 12 slices using a serrated knife. Dip cake slices into espresso mixture; place 4 slices crosswise in a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Gently spread one-third of cheese mixture over cake layer, and sprinkle with one-third of cocoa mixture. Repeat procedure with the remaining cake slices, cheese mixture, and cocoa mixture. Chill torte at least 2 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note