Perfect, classic tiramisu.
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup(s) white sugar
- 2/3 cup(s) milk
- 1 1/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 pound(s) mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) strong brewed coffee
- 4 tablespoon(s) rum
- 2 package(s) lady fingers
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1. In a medium saucepan, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until well blended. Whisk in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Boil gently for 1 minute, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Cover tightly and chill in refrigerator 1 hour.
- 2. In a medium bowl, beat cream with vanilla until stiff peaks form. Whisk mascarpone into yolk mixture until smooth.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine coffee and rum. Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise and drizzle with coffee mixture.
- 4. Arrange half of soaked ladyfingers in bottom of a 7x11 inch dish. Spread half of mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers, then half of whipped cream over that. Repeat layers and sprinkle with cocoa. Cover and refrigerate 24 hours.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by annawkana and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note