I don't need to make this to tell you it's not good. If a recipe for tiramisu calls for cream cheese then pass. The only way to make excellent tiramisu is with mascarpone. And Cool Whip?! Blasphemy.
Strong coffee can be made using 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules and 3/4 cup hot water. For additional coffee flavor, beat 2 tablespoons Kahlua into cheese mixture. Since this tiramisu is soft, we prefer to prepare it in a bowl.
More From Oxmoor House
Chill: 8 Hours
- Calories: 182
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Protein: 6.1g
- Carbohydrate: 22.2g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 196mg
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Calcium: 113mg
- 1 (8-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Kahlúa (coffee-flavored liqueur) (optional)
- 1 cup frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup cold strong brewed coffee
- 1 (3-ounce) package cake-style ladyfingers (12 ladyfingers)
- 1/2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
- Combine first 3 ingredients and, if desired, Kahlúa, in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour coffee into a shallow dish. Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise. Quickly dip ladyfingers, flat sides down, into coffee; arrange half of ladyfingers, dipped sides up, in bottom of a medium bowl.
- Gently spread half of cream cheese mixture evenly over ladyfingers. Repeat procedure with remaining ladyfingers and cream cheese mixture. Sift cocoa over top. Cover and chill 8 hours. Spoon into dessert glasses or small bowls to serve. Lightly dust with cocoa, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note