I was afraid of this recipe because of the non-fat cream cheese, but was very surprised by the finished product. I did separate this out into 8 ramekins for easier serving/storage. I also had a little difficulty finding ladyfingers, because I didn't know where in the store to look. They are sold in the produce department near the angel food cake in my stores. It was served to my family who mostly does not eat lighter fare and received rave reviews. I have already made this again, in a half portion and it worked just as well. The flavor and texture are very satisfying for a dessert, without having the sometimes watery consistency you can get at a restaurant.
Randy Mayor; Leigh Ann Ross
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 260
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 7.1g
- Carbohydrate: 38.4g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 317mg
- Calcium: 104mg
- Espresso drizzle:
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso granules
- 2 tablespoons Kahlúa (coffee-flavored liqueur)
- 1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3.5-ounce) carton mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Kahlúa
- Remaining ingredients:
- 24 cakelike ladyfingers (2 [3-ounce] packages)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 ounce bittersweet chocolate, grated
- To prepare espresso drizzle, combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in 2 tablespoons liqueur. Cool completely.
- To prepare filling, combine cheeses in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, and 2 tablespoons liqueur; beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise. Arrange 24 ladyfinger halves, cut sides up, in the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish. Drizzle half of espresso drizzle over ladyfinger halves. Spread half of filling over ladyfinger halves, and repeat procedure with remaining ladyfinger halves, espresso drizzle, and filling. Combine 1 1/2 teaspoons cocoa and chocolate; sprinkle evenly over top of filling. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Note: Place toothpicks in the center and in each corner of the dish to prevent the plastic wrap from sticking to the tiramisu as it chills.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note