This recipe is without a doubt the easiest, and most delicious I have made. It is my family favorite at all gatherings and even the "just because" times. A few things I do differently, are that I use the remaining coffee from our morning pot, definately prefer the cream cheese; and I recommend the toffee bars in lieu of the temptation to use the already pre-crumbled toffee bits as they just don't have the same look or taste. This will be one I pass on in the family recipe book!
Tiramisù Toffee Trifle Pie
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 (10.75-ounce) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese or mascarpone, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 2 (1.4-ounce) English toffee candy bars, coarsely chopped
- Stir together coffee granules and 3/4 cup warm water until granules are dissolved. Cool.
- Cut pound cake into 14 slices. Cut each slice in half diagonally. Place triangles on bottom and up sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pieplate. Drizzle coffee over cake.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and chocolate syrup at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add 2 1/2 cups whipped topping, and beat until light and fluffy.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly over cake. Dollop remaining whipped topping around edges of pie. Sprinkle with chopped candy. Chill 8 hours.
- Note: Tiramisù Toffee Trifle Pie may be made the day before serving. Store in the refrigerator.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts