This recipe is without a doubt the easiest, and most delicious I have made. It is my family favorite at all gatherings and even the "just because" times. A few things I do differently, are that I use the remaining coffee from our morning pot, definately prefer the cream cheese; and I recommend the toffee bars in lieu of the temptation to use the already pre-crumbled toffee bits as they just don't have the same look or taste. This will be one I pass on in the family recipe book!
Tiramisù Toffee Trifle Pie
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 (10.75-ounce) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese or mascarpone, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 2 (1.4-ounce) English toffee candy bars, coarsely chopped
- Stir together coffee granules and 3/4 cup warm water until granules are dissolved. Cool.
- Cut pound cake into 14 slices. Cut each slice in half diagonally. Place triangles on bottom and up sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pieplate. Drizzle coffee over cake.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and chocolate syrup at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add 2 1/2 cups whipped topping, and beat until light and fluffy.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly over cake. Dollop remaining whipped topping around edges of pie. Sprinkle with chopped candy. Chill 8 hours.
- Note: Tiramisù Toffee Trifle Pie may be made the day before serving. Store in the refrigerator.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note