Prep: 24 minutes; Cook: 25 minutes; other: 8 hours
Brandy and espresso-soaked ladyfingers are joined with an Italian meringue, mascarpone, and sweet Marsala wine to make a heavenly combination. Make this ahead; it chills in the refrigerator overnight.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 216
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 5.3g
- Protein: 4.2g
- Carbohydrate: 24.7g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 93mg
- Calcium: 58mg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso granules or 4 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 (3-ounce) package cakelike ladyfingers, split
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 (8.8-ounce) carton mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 cup sweet Marsala wine
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso granules
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients; stir well. Place 2 ladyfinger halves in bottom of each of 12 (4-ounce) coffee cups. Brush brandy mixture evenly over ladyfingers. Set aside.
- 2. Add water to a large saucepan to a depth of 1 inch; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Combine sugar and egg whites in a large metal bowl (bowl should be large enough to sit on top of saucepan but not in saucepan). Place bowl over saucepan of simmering water; cook 21 minutes or until thermometer registers 160°, stirring constantly. Remove bowl from simmering water; beat egg mixture with a mixer at high speed 8 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- 3. Beat mascarpone and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl at medium speed until blended and smooth. Gently fold in egg mixture. Divide mixture evenly among coffee cups lined with ladyfingers. Sift cocoa evenly over tops of desserts. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Tiramisù (tih-ruh-mee-SOO) means "pick me up." Try one taste of this dessert, and you'll understand why.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note