Tiradito of Tuna
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Fonda Shaia
Tiradito, a Peruvian variation on ceviche, consists of citrus juices accenting raw seafood sliced paper-thin, like carpaccio.
Yield: Makes 4 appetizer servings
More From Coastal Living
- 1/4 cup fresh Key lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely diced fennel
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons peeled and seeded tomato, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 to 2 teaspoons finely minced ají amarillo chile or Scotch bonnet chile, stemmed and seeded
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha (Asian red chili sauce)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 12 ounces sushi-grade tuna, very thinly sliced
- Sesame oil
- Soy sauce
- 1. Combine first 11 ingredients in a bowl; stir well. Cover and chill.
- 2. Arrange fish slices on 4 chilled appetizer plates. Spoon chilled Key lime mixture over fish, and drizzle with a few drops of sesame oil and soy sauce. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note