- 2/3 cup bourbon or brandy
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup halved dried Mission figlets
- 1 (7-oz.) package dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup jumbo raisins
- 3 ripe Bartlett pears, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 (14.1-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts
- Parchment paper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons Demerara sugar*
- Buttermilk Whipped Cream
How to Make It
Cook bourbon, next 2 ingredients, and 1/2 cup granulated sugar in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring often, 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and mixture is hot. Remove from heat, and stir in figlets, apricots, and raisins. Pour mixture into a large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Seal bag, removing as much air as possible; chill 24 hours.
Preheat oven to 350°. Transfer fruit mixture to a large bowl; stir in pears, flour, ginger, and remaining 1/4 cup sugar.
Unroll and stack piecrusts on parchment paper. Roll into a 12-inch circle. Mound fruit mixture in center of piecrust (mixture will be slightly runny), leaving a 2- to 2 1/2-inch border. Fold piecrust border up and over fruit, pleating as you go, leaving an opening about 5 inches wide in center. Brush piecrust with egg, and sprinkle with 2 tsp. Demerara sugar. Slide parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cool on baking sheet on a wire rack 30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature with Buttermilk Whipped Cream.
*Granulated sugar may be substituted.
Note: We tested with Sun-Maid Mediterranean Apricots.
Note: Total time does not include 24 hours to chill.