This recipe makes just enough to satisfy without having a lot of leftover temptations on hand. Recipe can easily be doubled.
Southern Living FEBRUARY 2011
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Toss pecans with 4 Tbsp. bourbon in a small bowl, and let stand 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain pecans, and toss with kosher salt. Bake pecans in a single layer in a jelly-roll pan 10 to 12 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through. Cool in pan completely (about 30 minutes).
2. Remove pecans from pan; line pan with wax paper. Lightly grease wax paper. Return pecans to pan, and divide into 12 clusters (5 pecans per cluster).
3. Cook caramels, 1 Tbsp. butter, and remaining 2 Tbsp. bourbon in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, 12 to 14 minutes or until caramels melt and mixture is smooth.
4. Top each pecan cluster with about 1 Tbsp. caramel mixture. Freeze 30 minutes.
5. Microwave chocolate and remaining 1 Tbsp. butter in a glass measuring cup at HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. Drizzle over clusters. Let stand 30 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired. Candies may be stored in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 5 days.
Go to Full Version of