Sticks like the dickens if you forget to freeze after toping with Caramel. but SOOOOOOOOOOOO good. Tried with Milk chocolate and it's not as good.
Tipsy Pecan Clusters
More From Southern Living
2 Hours, 40 Minutes
- 60 pecan halves
- 6 tablespoons bourbon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Wax paper
- 26 caramels (about 1/2 [14-oz.] package caramels)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 (4-oz.) bittersweet chocolate baking bar, chopped
- Garnish: kosher salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Toss pecans with 4 Tbsp. bourbon in a small bowl, and let stand 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain pecans, and toss with kosher salt. Bake pecans in a single layer in a jelly-roll pan 10 to 12 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through. Cool in pan completely (about 30 minutes).
- 2. Remove pecans from pan; line pan with wax paper. Lightly grease wax paper. Return pecans to pan, and divide into 12 clusters (5 pecans per cluster).
- 3. Cook caramels, 1 Tbsp. butter, and remaining 2 Tbsp. bourbon in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, 12 to 14 minutes or until caramels melt and mixture is smooth.
- 4. Top each pecan cluster with about 1 Tbsp. caramel mixture. Freeze 30 minutes.
- 5. Microwave chocolate and remaining 1 Tbsp. butter in a glass measuring cup at HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. Drizzle over clusters. Let stand 30 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired. Candies may be stored in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 5 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Candy