Tipsy Eggnog Cheesecake
You can store Sugared Rose Petals in an airtight container several months.
Yield: one 9" cheesecake
- 2 cups wheatmeal biscuit crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 cup canned or homemade eggnog
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1/4 cup brandy
- Sugared Rose Petals (optional)
- Combine first 4 ingredients; stir well. Firmly press crumb mixture onto bottom and 1 1/2" up sides of a lightly greased 9" springform pan. Bake at 325° for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove to a wire rack; let cool.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add 1 cup sugar and cornstarch, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in eggnog, rum, and brandy. Pour batter into prepared crust.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour. (Center will be soft.) Remove from oven and gently run a knife around edge of pan to release cheesecake from sides; return to oven. Turn oven off; leave cheesecake in oven, with oven door partially opened, 30 minutes. Let cool to room temperature in pan on a wire rack. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Remove sides of pan and top cheesecake with Sugared Rose Petals, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This