Tiny Lemon Tarts
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Dash of salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 12 baked 2-inch pastry shells
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Grated lemon rind (optional)
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, flour, and salt in a medium saucepan. Gradually add water, stirring well. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- Gradually stir about one-fourth of hot mixture into eggs; add egg mixture to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly. Cook 2 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Add butter, lemon rind, and juice; stir until butter melts. Cool slightly; spoon into pastry shells. Cool completely. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and grated lemon rind, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This