Tiny Chili and Corn Muffins
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 64
- Calories from fat: 53%
- Protein: 1.2g
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 6.6g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sodium: 72mg
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- About 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canned cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh jalapeño chilies
- 1 large egg
- 1. Bake nuts in a 9-inch-wide pan in a 375° oven until golden, stirring occasionally, 4 to 6 minutes. Pour from pan into a large bowl.
- 2. Butter about 4 dozen muffin cups (1 1/4 in. across bottom). Bake in sequence if you don't have enough pans.
- 3. To nuts, add cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix.
- 4. In a small bowl, whisk corn with sour cream, chilies, egg, and 1/2 cup melted butter until mixed. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir just until batter is moistened.
- 5. Fill muffin cups three-quarters full.
- 6. Bake in a 375° oven until lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool in pans for 2 minutes. Tip out of pans into a cloth-lined basket or onto a rack to cool. Serve hot or warm.
- Nutritional analysis per muffin.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads