1. Bake nuts in a 9-inch-wide pan in a 375° oven until golden, stirring occasionally, 4 to 6 minutes. Pour from pan into a large bowl.
2. Butter about 4 dozen muffin cups (1 1/4 in. across bottom). Bake in sequence if you don't have enough pans.
3. To nuts, add cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix.
4. In a small bowl, whisk corn with sour cream, chilies, egg, and 1/2 cup melted butter until mixed. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir just until batter is moistened.
5. Fill muffin cups three-quarters full.
6. Bake in a 375° oven until lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool in pans for 2 minutes. Tip out of pans into a cloth-lined basket or onto a rack to cool. Serve hot or warm.
Nutritional analysis per muffin.