you are right only I did had to throw the sugar mixture because I thought I had done something wrong or maybe it was burn and it was going to spoil the taste, so I started again but did not melt the sugar alone, it came out good only the color was not caramel it looked like white chocolate but it tasted great and the the shells were so good very easy! they have to review the caramel part!
Tiny Caramel Tarts
Add a festive touch! Just before serving, sprinkle tarts with finely chopped chocolate, crystallized ginger, toffee, or Buttered Pecans.
More From Southern Living
4 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup cold butter, sliced
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- Cream Cheese Pastry Shells
- Sweetened whipped cream
- 1. Cook 1 cup sugar in a medium-size heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, 6 to 8 minutes or until sugar melts and turns golden brown. Stir in butter until melted.
- 2. Whisk together flour, egg yolks, milk, and remaining 1 cup sugar in a 3-qt. heavy saucepan; bring just to a simmer over low heat, whisking constantly. Add sugar mixture to flour mixture, and cook, whisking constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Cover and chill 4 hours.
- 3. Meanwhile, prepare Cream Cheese Pastry Shells. Spoon caramel mixture into pastry shells, and top with whipped cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note