- 1 (8-ounce) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 (14-ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Small bunch watercress, large stems discarded, cut crosswise into thirds (about one cup), or 1/2 cup finely sliced fresh spinach leaves
- 2 scallions, trimmed, and finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a 3-quart saucepan, bring broth to a boil over high heat.
Add tortellini, watercress, and scallions to broth; simmer over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.
How kids can help: Older kids can chop the scallions; younger ones can sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the soup.