Made the salad & dressing to recipe but doubled the amount of rice stick noodles. Served with CL's Thai Shrimp Cakes rather than the grilled prawns. Very good.
Tiger Prawn, Noodle, and Herb Salad
Photo: William Meppem; Styling: Lynsey Fryers
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 128
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 5.4g
- Carbohydrate: 15.8g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 260mg
- Calcium: 33mg
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 12 tiger prawns (about 20 ounces)
- Cooking spray
- 2 ounces rice vermicelli
- 1/2 cup thinly diagonally sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup loosely packed mint leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped salted dry-roasted peanuts
- 2 finger hot chiles, thinly sliced
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves. Let stand 30 minutes; discard garlic.
- 2. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 3. Peel prawns, leaving tails intact. Arrange prawns on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes or until done, turning once.
- 4. Cook noodles according to package directions. Combine noodles, green onions, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with juice mixture, tossing to coat. Top with prawns.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads
Food & Wine