- 3/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups sugar-coated corn flakes cereal, slightly crushed
- 1 cup (6 ounces) milk chocolate morsels, melted and cooled to room temperature
How to Make It
Beat shortening in a large mixing bowl at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; stir well. Add to sugar mixture, blending well. Stir in cereal.
Drizzle half of chocolate over dough; stir lightly. Drizzle remaining chocolate over dough; stir lightly, leaving streaks of chocolate. Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls 2" apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Remove to wire racks to cool.