Tiered Pansy Cake
This recipe goes with Pansy Wedding Cake
Yield: 1 (10-inch) layer, 1 (8-inch) layer, and 1 (6-inch) layer
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 4 cups cake flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. Grease and flour 1 (10-inch), 1 (8-inch), and 1 (6-inch) round cakepan; set aside.
- 2. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended.
- 3. Add flour to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour. Beat mixture at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in extracts.
- 4. Spoon 5 cups batter into 10-inch pan, 3 cups batter into 8-inch pan, and 2 cups batter into 6-inch pan.
- 5. Bake cakes at 325°. Bake 10-inch layer for 45 minutes, 8-inch layer for 38 minutes, and 6-inch layer for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and let cool completely on racks.
- 6. Wrap layers in plastic wrap, and freeze 2 hours.
- Note: Layers may be frozen up to 1 month. Unwrap and thaw at room temperature 2 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts