Tia Pura's Macaroni Casserole
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4-5 cups uncooked LARGE elbow macaroni (24oz)
- 1 medium bell pepper (diced)
- 1 medium yellow onion (diced)
- 5 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 sticks margarine
- 1 can Rotel
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with garlic and green onion
- 2 cans (8oz) tomato sauce
- 2 bags (12 oz) cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Progresso bread crumbs
- In a large pot melt butter, add bell pepper and onion and saute till soft. Add garlic. Add all cans of tomatoes and half a can of each of water. Mash tomatoes so they are not so lumpy. Salt and pepper to taste. Simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- In a 9X11 dish layer macaroni, cheese, bread crumbs and sauce. Do this 3 to 4 more times. Place on a rimmed cookie sheet (it might spill over). Cook in 350* oven till sauce starts to bubble. Check the middle part of the casserole to make sure it is hot.
- (if you did not have enough sauce, next time you make it add more water. If you water it down too much add another can of tomato sauce.)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by no22811 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note