- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh lemon thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 6 medium peaches, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
How to Make It
Place paper liners in 24 muffin cups.
Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears after each addition. Combine milk and vanilla. Whisk together flour and next 4 ingredients; add to butter mixture, alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
Bake at 350° for 15 to 16 minutes or until cakes spring back when lightly touched. Cool cakes in pans 10 minutes. Remove paper liners, and invert cakes onto a wire rack. Let cool completely.
Combine peaches and 2 tablespoons sugar, stirring gently. Beat whipping cream until frothy, add powdered sugar, and beat until soft peaks form. Serve cakes with peaches and whipped cream.
Substitute 2 teaspoons regular fresh thyme leaves and 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest for the lemon thyme, if desired.