This dish gets its flavor from thyme, a member of the mint family.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup long-grain rice, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons beef-flavored bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil; stir well. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note