This dish gets its flavor from thyme, a member of the mint family.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup long-grain rice, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons beef-flavored bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil; stir well. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables