Thyme for Mezcal
Photo: John Lee; Styling: Karen Shinto
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 thyme sprigs, plus more for garnish
- 2 ounces mezcal (moderately smoky)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons St. Germain elderflower liqueur
- Lemon twist
- 1. Make thyme-flavored simple syrup: Microwave 1/4 cup water, sugar, and 8 thyme sprigs, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved; chill at least 2 hours, then discard thyme.
- 2. Put a handful of ice in a cocktail shaker and add mezcal, lemon juice, liqueur, and 1 tbsp. thyme-flavored simple syrup. Shake and strain into a martini glass or a coupe. Garnish with a lemon twist and a thyme sprig.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note