More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 95
- Calories from fat: 57%
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 259mg
- Carbohydrate: 7g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 3g
- Pan drippings from Classic Roast Turkey
- 1/3 cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 12 sprigs thyme
- Strain the pan drippings into a fat separator or large measuring cup. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Skim and discard the fat from the surface.
Place the empty roasting pan over 2 burners over medium-high heat. Add the wine and cook for 2 minutes, stirring and scraping to dissolve any bits stuck to the pan. Remove from heat and pour into the cup with the pan juices.
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle with the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Still stirring, slowly add the broth, then the reserved pan juices and sprigs of thyme. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Remove and discard the thyme before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments