Thumbs-Up Cornbread Salad
Photo: Gooseberry Patch
We give this cornbread salad two thumbs-up! It is the perfect dish for entertaining because it tastes great but also adds color and looks pretty on the table.
Yield: Serves 10
- 1 8 1/2 oz. pkg. cornbread mix
- 1 24-oz. can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 15-oz. cans corn, drained
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup bacon bits, divided
- 2 cups shredded 4-cheese blend cheese, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups ranch salad dressing
- Prepare and bake cornbread according to package directions; set aside to cool.
- Crumble cornbread into a large serving bowl. Add beans, corn, onion, tomatoes, celery, 1/4 cup bacon bits and 1 1/2 cups cheese. Toss well; set aside.
- In another bowl, mix sour cream and salad dressing together; drizzle over cornbread mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining bacon bits and cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note