Community Recipe from
- 3/4 cup(s) Butter
- 3/4 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 cup(s) finely chopped walnuts
- pinch of salt
- 1 Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, beat butter and powdered sugar with electric mixer on low speed until mixed; beat on medium speed until creamy. Add vanilla and egg; beat until mixed, scraping bowl if necessary. On low speed, beat in flour, baking powder and salt until dough forms. Stir in walnuts
- 2 Shape dough into 1-inch balls. On ungreased cookie sheet, place balls 2 inches apart. Press thumb into center of each cookie to make indentation, but do not press all the way to the cookie sheet.
- 3 Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges start to brown. Quickly remake indentation with end of wooden spoon handle if necessary. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
- 4 Place 1 chocolate in thumbprint of each warm cookie. Let stand 3 minutes to melt; with tip of small knife, swirl slightly to fill thumbprint. If desired, sprinkle with additional chopped walnuts. Cool completely.
- or fill hole with jelly or jam
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KarenMccann and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Thumbprints Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies
More Recipes for Main Dishes